Goodbye to all the worries and problems that I had with my newborn. Now I have an active, pretty little toddler having fun all around.
It’s amazing when she kisses me and we cuddle to sleep together. I can’t imagine my life without her.
Time flies and I never thought that my girl will grow so fast. In this post, I will try to fit in everything that every mum expects to hear from other mum and whatever I think I have achieved so far.
We are still doing breastfeeding and to my surprise . That is the most favourite part of her day when she comes to me to feed. Now she demand by pulling my top. Her feeding has dropped to 2 feeds a day and one before bed. She still feed during night and now I have stopped counting how many times. Sometimes I get lucky she just wake up 2 times. But as long its comforting her I don’t mind.
We are still trying new food with variety. She is having 3 meals a day including 2 3 snacks a day. She drinks a lot of water during day. Sometime she eats what we eat and sometimes I cook her own food. Breakfast she have one egg Boiled, porridge or weetabix and quarter fruit. At lunch she sometimes have pasta sometimes rice. Dinner time I divide her meal in vegetable protein and grains. Like bread and chicken with vegetable. When out and about I grab a pouch of puree, sandwich and some cucumber slices or cheese slices. Comment below if you like to know the ideas. It’s really exciting trying different thing. I feel like a pro now .😆
Her weight and size of her clothes and shoes
She has never been on the bigger side. She was born on 25th centile and dropped to 9th centile in last few months. But she has really been active and doing a lot. Health visitor told me that she is perfectly doing well.
Her weight is 17lb and she is wearing 9 to 12 months now a days. She has got really long legs. Sometimes she fit in 6 to 9 months dresses. She still wear 3 to 6 months bodysuits and vests. As they pull and still fit her well.
Her shoe size changes every other month. But recently it’s been 3g in clarks shoes. I bought a bigger size that’s 4 and she is comfortable in it. Where 3g is very tight. So I’m going to get her measured on my next visit.
Words she says
She talks a lot. She has been saying mama dada baba after her six months but now she made her self clear by pointing out on objects.
- Mama (mum)
- AMMA (mum)
- Baba (dad)
- Dada (grandad)
- Tata (bye)
- I lo you (i love u)
- Allah (God)
- Chacha (uncle)
- Bhai ( brother)
- Aaja (come)
- No no
- Mooooo (cow sound)
- Aaaaahhhh (tiger sound)
- Aapa (elder sister)
- Daabu (older uncle)
Sometimes she just goes and say a word and doesn’t repeat it again. So these were the words she said everyday.
- Crawl; she has been crawling since the end of her 8 months .
- Climbing; she has been climbing stairs since she was 10 months.
- Stand with support; she stand for quite long with a support. On sofa or chair.
- Walking; she hasn’t been walking yet independently. But she walks holding a Walker.
- Pointing objects; she always point on object when she needs to ask about it. When she want something to eat she points at it.
- Feeding herself; she feeds herself with hands and sometime with spoon. She drinks her water by holding her bottle herself.
- Teeths; not a single tooth yet. One of those babies. Late teething.
- Recognise animals; she recognise animals by makimg the same sound as they make when asked about it.
- Waving and clapping ; she has been waving and clapping since 7 months .
- Moving with the rhythm of nursery rhymes.
As it has been really controversial on a babygroup. About my practices being judged in their own perspectives. I proudly say my girl is completely poo trained. She only goes poo in toilet. And she tells by making a face. She still wear nappy all day for wee because I’m waiting for her to walk independently before I start potty training.
Activities I do with her
- Playing with Building blocks and stacking cups.
- Reading books every night before sleep. She love reading books. Specially the ones that have animal pictures in it.
- Hide and seek under blanket and behind the table.
- Flash cards (only few words with pictures 5 or 6 a week)
- Role play ( I become an animal and make the sound and chase her and she runs off laughing )
- Cleaning ( when I’m cleaning I give her clean cloth and she follows me everywhere and clean everything with her small hands)
- Giving rides on my back ( I became a horse and hold her on my back)
- Singing ( all the nursery rhymes and nasheed)
- Pray ( when I’m praying she repeats the same )
She has a lot of toys but there are some that she really seem to enjoy playing. She loves her vtech walker. She plays long long time with it and she now walks holding it. She has one musical smartphone that one is her favourite too. Other toys she occasionally play with are; building blocks, classical fisher price pull along telephone, rattles, pull along dog, sorting shapes and doll etc.
Alhumdulillah ! She is very active and can play with everyone. She have a huge circle of friends in family and acquaintances. She loves to play and share her toys with other kids. She gets very interested of what other kids is doing and join with them. She gives hugs and kissed to her cousins.
I’m still working on it. As she is still breastfeeding, she wakes up couple of times just to feed. We had to leave our house for 2 months as we had a renovation. And that spoilt her habits . At my mums i used to Co sleep with her due to lack of space. Now when I’m back I bought a new cot for her. She still stands up in the middle of night and cry to come to me. I take her out give her cuddle and put her to sleep. And when she is asleep I put her back. There are few days when I’m exhausted and don’t bother to put her back in cot. But I’m determined to make her happy in her cot.
Last but not the least. Every baby and every person is different . So we should not be judging ourselves or others of what they are doing or if their practices are right or wrong. Different things works for different people. So you should follow that works best for you. The purpose of this post is to update everyone and writing a memory for myself. If in the coming years I forget what I did with Z ..
Stay happy and enjoy life . Let me know if my post was helpful and if you want to ask anything comment below.